- 1 tblsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 2 - 8.0 oz packages cream cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp horseradish sauce
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 5 dashes Tobasco sauce
- 1 - 14 oz. can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 lb crab meat, cartilate removed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a sauce pot saute the onions in the butter until they are soft but not brown.
- Add the cream cheese and stir it over low heat until it is soft. Add the Worcestershire, horseradish, Old Bay, and Tabasco. Stir until well blended.
- Fold in the artichokes and crab meat.
- Put the mixture in a shallow baking dish, one that is only about 1-1/2 inches deep. This is similar to the size of a 10-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over the top.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. This cheese should be brown on top and the sides should be bubbling.
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 saltine crackers
- Pick the crab meat over to remove excess shells and cartilage.
- Combine the mayo, Old Bay, parsley, mustard and water until smooth.
- Add the mayo mixture to the crab meat and mix, being careful not to break up the lumps of crab meat.
- With your hands, break up the saltines into crumbs and mix into the crab mixture.
- Form into four patties and pan-fry, or broil the cakes until golden brown.